Pakistan summons Afghan envoy, lodges protest over firing on Pakistani military contingent
"A strong demarche was made over the latest incident of firing on a Pakistan military contingent engaged in completion of fencing of Pakistan-Afghanistan border. The unprovoked firing resulted in the martyrdom of three Pakistani soldiers while seriously injuring one of them," the Foreign Office spokesperson said in a statement.
Four Pakistan soldiers martyred near Pak-Afghan ... 04:39 PM | 14 Sep, 2019
RAWALPINDI – At least four army soldiers were martyred in Dir and North Waziristan when terrorists opened fire on ...
While strongly condemning the attack, it was underscored that the Afghan side was responsible for securing the areas on its side of the border, as mutually agreed on several occasions.
"Pakistan once again calls upon the Afghan government to do the needful to secure the border areas, especially along with the sensitive points, to maintain the level of cooperation needed to effectively counter terrorist elements in their areas," the spokesperson remarked.
- Pakistan hit by Covid vaccine shortage amid ‘lack of coordination, ...02:21 PM | 16 Jun, 2021
- 'No jab, no job' – Sindh announces to fire public, private ...01:47 PM | 16 Jun, 2021
- Islamophobia rising in Canada as another 2 people held for ...01:18 PM | 16 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 – Quetta Gladiators take on Multan Sultans tonight12:46 PM | 16 Jun, 2021
- PM Imran shares a throwback childhood photo with family05:30 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Feroze Khan opens up about second marriage04:07 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat wants the Muslim misrepresentation in movies to change05:10 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021