Imran, Erdogan discuss Afghan peace, bilateral ties
ISLAMABAD/ANKARA – Pakistan and Turkey have agreed to continue the momentum of high-level exchanges to transform bilateral relations into strategic economic partnership.
The consensus to this effect was reached during a telephonic conversation between Prime Minister Imran Khan and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
The two leaders discussed issues of mutual interest including further strengthening of bilateral relations in all areas. They also exchanged felicitations on the advent of the holy month of Ramazan, a PM Office press release said.
In the regional context, PM Imran stressed the importance of a negotiated political settlement of the conflict in Afghanistan ahead of recently announced planned US withdrawal.
He highlighted that Pakistan had fully supported and facilitated the US-Taliban Peace Agreement and the subsequent initiation of Intra-Afghan Negotiations.
The Prime Minister stressed that the Intra-Afghan Negotiations provided a historic opportunity which must be seized by the Afghan leadership to achieve an inclusive, broad-based and comprehensive political settlement.
Pakistan Army chief welcomes US decision to pull ... 10:23 PM | 15 Apr, 2021
RAWALPINDI – Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa welcomed President Joe Biden’s announcement of ...
Appreciating Turkey’s role, Imran Khan said that Pakistan will continue to extend all possible support to the efforts for a political solution for durable peace and stability in Afghanistan.
Turkey will host a major summit on Afghanistan’s peace process in Istanbul from April 24 to May 4.
Pakistani, German FMs discuss economic linkages, ... 08:50 PM | 12 Apr, 2021
BERLIN – Pakistani and German and foreign ministers on Monday discussed bilateral relations and international ...
- Pakistan team departs for T20I tri-series in New Zealand07:04 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- HBL inaugurated Prestige Lounge in Rahim Yar Khan06:42 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Over 5 million Pakistan flood victims to face food crisis, warns UN06:31 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- PM Shehbaz rejects to inaugurate ‘flawed’ real-time flood ...05:59 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Karachi food gets thumbs up from England captain Moeen Ali05:33 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Hareem Shah shares belly dance video12:09 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Syra Yousuf pays tribute to iconic singer Nazia Hassan04:32 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Mahira Khan's new video with makeup artist goes viral03:59 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- US cipher is a reality, says PTI05:20 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022