LeJ behind suicide attack on Punjab Home Minister Shuja Khanzada: Sources
According to sources Khanzada was being threatened by Lashkar-e-Jhangvi since Punjab Counter Terrorism Force killed LeJ chief Malik Ishaq in an encounter in Muzafargarh along with 14 other associates. The provincial minister was provided with adequate security arrangements following the threats, the sources further added.
However none of the militant group has far claimed the attack formally.
According to another well informed source in Punjab Police there were intelligence reports of a possible attack on Khanzada during his visit to Attock but still he insisted to go there.
Earlier a suicide bomber detonated himself at Shuja Khanzada's political office situated in village Shadi Khan in Attock and as a result at least nine people have been killed while twenty five others got injured.
Meanwhile the ISPR said that special search and rescue team have been dispatched by helicopter to aid in the rescue operation in Attock.
- Justice Qazi Faez Isa to hear contempt case against Fawad Chaudhry on ...10:36 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan cricket squad leaves for Zimbabwe after successful South ...10:05 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Babar Azam’s ‘late glance’ shot is new sensation on social ...08:09 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas releases his rendition of Qaseedah Burdah Shareef05:59 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Mustafa Jaane Rehmat – Atif Aslam's naat crosses 1.6 million views ...05:48 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Hira and Mani celebrate 13th wedding anniversary05:41 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021