‘Struggle not over yet’: Tahirul Qadri vows to take Sharifs to task for Model Town killings
“The struggle is not over yet, we will continue on this path until justice is served,” Dr Qadri said while addressing the families of the victims who staged a sit-in at Lahore's Istanbul Chowk on Mall Road.
The purpose of this sit-in is to "request" the Lahore High Court (LHC) to make the Justice (r) Baqir Najfi commission report on the 2014 Model Town tragedy public.
Qadri said that the murderers of the Model Town victims have only lost their position in the government in the Panamagate case, "but the time is not far when you will lose your life for murdering these innocent people of Model Town."
Raising questions about Nawaz Sharif's new narrative of reviving the sanctity of peoples' vote, Qadri said: "You tell people today that you have taken the task of reviving the sanctity of the vote, but I ask you this Nawaz Sharif, who trampled over the sanctity of vote?"
"You [Nawaz Sharif] introduced dirty politics in the country. You started the culture of buying MPAs with sacks of currency,” the PAT chief continued.
"Shehbaz Sharif says the ashraafia have looted the country. Do you know what ashrafiya (elite) means? It is the plural of Sharif in Arabic. So you are right, ashrafiya have robbed this nation," Qadri added.
The local administration had asked PAT to stage their sit-in at Nasir Bagh instead.
LHC also directed the police to provide security to the participants of the sit-in.
- Mia Khalifa blames US for Jerusalem violence02:01 PM | 12 May, 2021
- #WestandwithGaza, PM Imran reiterates support to Palestinians amid ...01:18 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Mariyam Nafees shares pictures from her Dua-e-Khair11:51 PM | 11 May, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat shares an adorable throwback picture09:01 PM | 11 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021