Khost: Afghanistan bans trade in Pakistani rupee
The move by Hakam Khan Habibi, the provincial governor, aims to counter the use of Kaldars (Pakistani rupees) in local markets.
Saturday saw young people rallying in the city of Khost to urge the people to buy and sell goods using the afghanis only.
India starts trade route to Afghanistan via Iran, ... 04:38 PM | 29 Oct, 2017
NEW DELHI/KABUL - India shipped its first consignment of wheat to Afghanistan by sea through Iran's strategic Chahbahar ...
“Anyone violating the decision would be referred to judicial organs,” he warned.
However, civil society activists say the plan has failed to achieve the objective so far.
While Afghanistan shares a common religion, race, history, ethnicity and geography with Pakistan , bilateral relations have always been strained. Pak-Afghan trade volume, despite having a potential of $5 billion, has fallen from $2.5 billion to $1.4 billion lately.
However, despite these troubled ties, the Pakistani ports of Karachi and Gwadar are still the most economical routes for Afghan transit trade .
Ghulam Khan check post reopens for Pak-Afghan ... 08:46 PM | 9 Mar, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The Ghulam Khan check post in North Waziristan Agency was reopened on Friday for bilateral trade between ...
It is one of the eighteen border crossing points between the two countries that connects Pakistan’s North Waziristan tribal region with Khost province of Afghanistan . It is also the third-largest official crossing point on the nearly 2,600-kilometer, mostly porous frontier between the two countries.
The route serves as the shortest one from Karachi to Kabul, reducing the total distance by more than 400 kilometres, as compared to Torkham.
Authorities had closed the remote Ghulam Khan border crossing in North Waziristan in 2014, after launching a major army-led counter-militancy offensive in the tribal belt, once condemned as “the breeding ground for international terrorism”.
- Iran ready to talks with Saudi Arabia, Gulf countries: Javad Zarif12:02 AM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Imran Khan discusses digital media with youth at PM House09:59 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- AJK snowfall: Neelum, Leepa, Bhedi declared calamity-hit areas09:50 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FO summons Indian diplomat to reject mischievous portrayal of ...08:58 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FM Qureshi reaches Qatar after conclusion of successful US visit08:51 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019