Pakistan warns India of severe consequences over controversial citizenship bill
ISLAMABAD - Minister for Foreign Affairs Shah Mehmood Qureshi on Monday said that India had isolated itself in the world after the passage of controversial Citizenship Amendment Bill (CAB), 2019.
Speaking here in National Assembly, he strongly condemned the Indian citizenship Act and said that the bill violated all norms of international rights law and bilateral agreement with Pakistan.
The foreign minister said that atrocities were being committed in the occupied valley of Kashmir as eight million people were under curfew since August 5.
He said that United Nations' Human Rights Body had expressed concern over India's new citizenship law. He said that this law was part of the RSS 'Hindu Rashtra' design of expansionism propagated by the fascist Modi government.
He said that Bangladesh Foreign Minister and Interior Minister had cancelled their pre-determined visit to India amid growing concerns over the passage of the Citizenship Amendment Bill.
Shah Mehmood Qureshi expressed concern over the brutal and indiscriminate use of force by the state on Indian Muslim students of Jamia Millia Islamia and Aligarh Muslim University protesting against the Citizenship Amendment Bill.
Illegal annexation of Kashmir, Babari Masjid, Citizenship Amendment Act are all targeted towards the subjugation of minorities, he added.
The minister said that five states in India and government in Capital (Delhi) had rejected this legislation and told categorically not to implement it.
He said that this law was against the Constitution of India and secular India was dying.
- Iran ready to talks with Saudi Arabia, Gulf countries: Javad Zarif12:02 AM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Imran Khan discusses digital media with youth at PM House09:59 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- AJK snowfall: Neelum, Leepa, Bhedi declared calamity-hit areas09:50 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FO summons Indian diplomat to reject mischievous portrayal of ...08:58 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FM Qureshi reaches Qatar after conclusion of successful US visit08:51 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019