NASA selects 8th grader Pakistani girl for internship program
KARACHI - The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has selected a 12-year-old Pakistani student for its internship programme. According to details, Raadeyah Aamir, an 8th-grade student, will be attending NASA’s one-week internship programme.
The internship programme includes training for next-generation of space explorers in Astronaut Training Experience. Not only that, but Raadeyah will m also get a chance to land walk and drive on Mars through virtual and motion simulation, and conduct a spacewalk in a microgravity experience.
The programme will also provide her with the opportunity to live and work on Mars for the day at the center’s Mars Base. She will be working to solve base emergencies, program robots to optimize solar energy and sustain life in the botany lab, amongst other exciting things.
The young Pakistani student said that it was her ambition to go to NASA and wave the flag of Pakistan. Sharing her happiness with the media, the young ambitious girl said that “I am very much interested in space exploration and glittering stars in the galaxy. I want my country people to pray for my success in this regard”.
Here's wishing all the best to Raadeyah! Keep achieving girl!
- Pakistan felicitates new Sri Lankan president09:22 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- Shahzain Bugti takes early lead in NA-259 re-polling, show initial ...07:10 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- AIOU sets up nine new offices at less-developed regions06:47 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- UN calls for action to tackle global road safety crisis03:28 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- CCW convention makes progress on key issues of deadly autonomous ...03:24 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- I was hypersexualised as a teenager in Hollywood: Scarlett Johansson03:10 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Here's how fans have reacted to Hamza Ali Abbasi's decision to quit ...02:07 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019
- Google releases the list of most popular Pakistani YouTube Ads of 201803:31 PM | 25 Jan, 2019