Voting for by-election underway in Balochistan, Sindh constituencies
ISLAMABAD – Voting for by-elections on two Sindh Assembly constituencies and one Balochistan Assembly constituency is underway.
Voting in by-polls in PS-88-Karachi and PS-43-Sanghar and on Balochistan Assembly constituency PB-20-Pishin started at 8:00 am and will continue till 5:00 pm without any interval.
At least 20 candidates are contesting the PS-88-Karachi by-election while 108 polling stations have been set up in the constituency out of which 36 have been declared sensitive and 33 have been declared most sensitive.
In Sindh, Jansher Junejo of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), Muhammad Yousuf Baloch of Pakistan People’s Party (PPP), Sajid Ahmed of Muttahida Qaumi Movement Pakistan (MQM-P), and Syed Kashif Ali of Tahreek Labbaik Pakistan (TLP) are contesting in the by-polls. With 108 polling stations, the constituency has a total of 145,627 registered voters.
In Balochistan, PB-20 Pishin-III, a close contest is expected among the BAP candidate and the PDM candidate. There are 113 polling stations out of which three have been declared most sensitive.
Security has been beefed up during the by-polls to avoid any unfortunate event while the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) had also barred to use of mobile phones within polling stations.
- Afghan immigrant arrested for serial killing of Pakistanis in US11:55 PM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Ayeza Khan shares pictures of reunion with cousins11:32 PM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani boxers 'slip away' in UK after Commonwealth Games conclude11:07 PM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Lollywood’s much-awaited ‘The Legend of Maula Jatt’ finally has ...07:25 PM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Hania Aamir in action to keep rainwater out of her Karachi apartment ...06:11 PM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022