Baby donkey nearly beaten to death in a show of 'political power' in Karachi
KARACHI – A baby donkey was nearly beaten to death by charged workers of a political party in the Sindh capital to mock another group’s electoral symbol just over a week ahead of general elections in the South Asian country.
An animal rescue foundation, Ayesha Chundrigar Foundation (ACF) said they found a donkey beaten to pulp, punched in the face and abdomen several times, nose broken, kicked all over his body until he collapsed, tied to a pole and having a car rammed into him constantly.
“All of this to describe one political party as an ‘ass’ by some hooligans as written on the poor donkey’s body,” the foundation wrote on a Facebook post.
The poor animal had multiple wounds, all fresh from the beatings, punches and kicks it endured. There were, however, no signs of internal injury.
"He is not eating much and his body is still stiff yet shaking in fear. His wounds have been cleaned and he has been given painkillers. He is drinking water on his own," the ACF officials added.
Soon after the animal rescue group shared the donkey’s ordeal, people took to the social media to condemn the inhumane act while appreciating the ACF’s efforts to rescue the animal.
The ACF officials said they intentionally blurred out the names on the donkey’s body to avoid further escalation.
- Pakistan ex-skipper Sarfraz Ahmed blessed with baby girl09:04 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan set to launch first-ever national emigration policy08:24 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Federal cabinet rejects Mushtaq Mahar's name as Sindh IGP after ...08:06 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Drinking water case: SC dissolves Sindh Water Commission06:59 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Why Miley Cyrus missed the 2020 Grammy Awards?03:58 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Rabi Pirzada performs Umrah03:38 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019