Pakistan reopens Torkham border for pedestrian crossing
PESHAWAR – Pakistan has reopened the Torkham border crossings to Afghanistan today (Saturday), to facilitate the return of its nationals stranded in Afghanistan.
According to the district Khyber’s administration, reopening of the border is also for people who want to travel Afghanistan from Pakistan.
The border will remain open five days a week for transit and one day for pedestrian traffic, according to federal government,.
It is pertinent to mention here that the government had closed the border with Afghanistan in a bid to control the spread of deadly coronavirus.
- Heavy rains likely in parts of country from Thursday11:48 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Pakistan condemns start of temple construction at Babri Mosque site ...11:09 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Trump offers to mediate standoff between China, India09:45 PM | 27 May, 2020
- India may lose T20 World Cup 2021 hosting rights over tax issues08:51 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Petrol prices likely to go down by Rs5-10 in Pakistan07:33 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Anoushey receives Eid wishes from 'Ertugrul' – VIDEO04:35 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Nadia Jamil’s best friend goes bald to support her03:55 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Asim Azhar releases his version of Bollywood song Humraah02:34 PM | 27 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020