Khyber Pakhtunkhwa ends COVID-19 lockdown tomorrow
PESHAWAR – The government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has decided to end lockdown and restore commercial activities amid the standard operating procedures (SOPs) for coronavirus pandemic in the northwestern province by May 17 (Monday).
According to a notification issued by Home and Tribal Department on Saturday, all commercial activities, establishments, markets would be closed by 08:00 pm from May 17 (Monday) in the province except, all medical services and pharmacies medical stores, vaccination centres, tandoor, milk and dahi shops, hotels, restaurants (for takeaway only) E-Commerce (Home Delivery), utility services (Electricity, Natural Gas, internet, Cellular Network/Telecom, Call Centres) and petrol pumps.
The powers conferred under section 6(b), section 6(d), and section 7 of "Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Epidemic Control and Emergency Relief Act, 2020", the competent authority issued instructions that all types of indoor and outdoor gathering including cultural, musical, and religious etc events will remain banned.
Indoor and outdoor dining in the restaurants would remain banned. Only takeaway home delivery is allowed 24/7 with strict implementation of COVID-19 SOPs.
All public and private offices and departments will observe their respective normal office timings from same date.
Wearing of face masks is mandatory at all public places.
The public transport, inter-city and inter provincial are allowed to resume their operation from May 16 (Sunday) with strict observance of SOPs including wearing of face masks. Inter-city and intra provincial transport will operate at 50 percent of capacity, all public private offices and establishments would continue to strictly follow the policy of work from home for 50 percent of their staff throughout the province.
The violator of the above instructions and restrictions will be penalized under the relevant law.
Punjab extends COVID-19 restrictions till May 30 10:47 AM | 16 May, 2021
LAHORE – The Punjab government Saturday extended the period of Covid lockdown till May 30, however, businesses ...
- Naftali Bennett brings Netanyahu's 12-year rule to an end, takes over ...01:29 AM | 14 Jun, 2021
- ISPR releases first episode of military reality show ‘60 Hours to ...11:43 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Congress leader's pro-Kashmir remarks draw criticism from BJP09:06 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan condemns Indian army for killing another three Kashmiris07:39 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan felicitates UK on Queen’s 95th official birthday07:02 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Hira Mani opens up about supporting Asim Azhar during recent ...05:40 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic leaves fans stunned with sizzling beach ...03:37 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Tiger Shroff’s mother Ayesha wishes Disha Patani on her birthday12:49 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021