Umar Akmal denies attending 'dance party' in response to PCB's show-cause notice
The cricketer was dropped from T20 squad for the allegations of attending a dance party.
In his response Umar Akmal said that he only went to have dinner at a ceremony in Hyderabad after a formal permission of team management.
"A local newspaper of Hyderabad published news against me to earn a cheap publicity," he maintained.
My family has been undergoing an intense mental torture following the false allegations against me, he said.
Earlier on November 12, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) issued a show cause notice to cricketer Umar Akmal for attending ‘dance party’ in Hyderabad earlier this year.
According to PCB the cricketer had defamed Pakistan by his involvement in immoral activities. The cricketer also tarnished the face of Pakistan cricket in front of foreign nations.
The cricket board also dropped him from T20 squad for three-match series against England.
- Another child paralyzed as Pakistan reports fourth polio case of 202208:44 PM | 25 May, 2022
- HSA, UNFPA mark Int'l day of Midwife 2022 and day to end Obstetric ...08:14 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Pakistan Army strongly condemns sentencing of Kashmiri leader Yasin ...08:01 PM | 25 May, 2022
- PTA clears the air on blocking internet services amid political ...07:36 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Amar Khan and Momal Sheikh's hilarious BTS video goes viral06:45 PM | 25 May, 2022
- ‘Pawri girl’ Dananeer Mobeen's new video goes viral02:07 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Coke Studio 14 sets new popularity records in India04:44 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022