ECP to launch awareness drive for registration of women voters
Addressing a seminar on Election Act, 2017 in Islamabad on Monday, he said the government and the parliament have made significant efforts for electoral reforms.
Babar Yaqoob said the Election Commission will start an awareness campaign for registration of women voters keeping in view the yawning gap between male and female voters.
The secretary said the political parties should play their role in strengthening of election commission.
He said electronic voting machines should be manufactured in Pakistan at low cost as buying the same will cost twenty five billion rupees.
- Gold price jumps Rs700 per tola in Pakistan10:00 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- ‘Video’ of PSL 2022 anthem featuring Atif Aslam, Aima Baig leaked ...09:10 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- U19 World Cup: Pakistan set 240-run target for Afghanistan08:46 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Noor Mukadam case: Zahir Jaffer declared ‘physically and mentally ...08:20 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- ‘Bismillah’ – Sharmila Faruqui files cybercrime complaint ...06:49 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- 'Kana Yaari' – Coke Studio's hijabi rapper Eva B wins hearts07:31 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021