Son of Ibn-e-Insha passes away in Karachi
Insha, who was the son of popular columnist, writer and poet Ibn-e-Insha, was a freelance filmmaker.
Starting his professional career as a graphic designer, Roomi Insha made a move to filmmaking when he discovered his love for the art. In 2003, his name emerged as a capable filmmaker when he made his debut as a director and released a telefilm for the first time.
After becoming a part of Moomal Productions, Roomi expanded his horizons by stepping into the role of a drama director. He directed acclaimed drama serials such as Najiah, Mannchalay, Tair-e-Lahooti, Mohabbat Ruth Jaye Tou, Mastana Mahi and Mausam all of which were aired on Hum TV.
He also directed Judaai and most recently, Rasm-e-Duniya, which appeared on ARY Digital.
Many from the entertainment fraternity have taken to social media to express their grief:
- Former Mossad chief reveals how Israel stole Iranian nuclear documents11:55 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- US lawmaker removed for helping crowd breach State Capitol10:45 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- Russia lifts ban on rice imports from Pakistan10:23 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi and Aagha Ali concerned for uniformed personnel, ...06:28 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- Here’s how ‘detective’ Muneeb Butt caught a thief (VIDEO)03:26 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021