KP, Central Punjab register first wins in National T20 2nd XI tournament
KARACHI - Khyber Pakhtunkhwa recorded their first win in the National T20 2nd XI tournament at the National Stadium, Karachi on Wednesday.
KP, who had lost their opening two matches outplayed hosts Sindh by six wickets, this was Sindh’s first defeat in the tournament. Central Punjab, who like Khyber Pakhtunkhwa had lost their first two matches, won their first match of the event, overcoming Balochistan by 57 runs.
In the first match on Wednesday, Sindh were put into bat by Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, the home side scored 169 for six in their 20 overs. Middle-order batsmen Muhammad Waqas (36) and Ramiz Aziz (34) were the main contributors. Danish Aziz scored an unbeaten 26 off 15 balls with the help of three fours and one six. Sajid Khan took two wickets for 28 runs.
Gohar Ali’s 28-ball 49 and Nabi Gul’s 44 took Khyber Pakhtunkhwa past the target in 17.2 overs. Gohar hit two sixes and six fours in his innings while Nabi continued his impressive form in the tournament with a 28-ball effort that included four fours and one six. Left-arm pacer Ghulam Muddasar took three wickets for 31 runs for Sindh.
Central Punjab opted to bat first and posted 198 for six. Their total was built on a 97-run stand between Nauman Anwar (62 off 36 balls, six fours and four sixes) and Muhammad Saad (66 off 46 balls, four fours and three sixes).
Zahid Mansoor remained unbeaten on 39 off 22 balls, his stroke-filled innings included three sixes and one four. Balochistan captain Akbar-ur-Rehman took three wickets while Khurram Shehzad took two wickets.
In reply, Balochistan were restricted to 141 for eight. Ibtisam Sheikh top-scored with an unbeaten 46 off 25 balls, Jalat Khan scored 29 runs. Central Punjab bowlers maintained a stranglehold on Balochistan batting and never allowed them to get close to the asking rate after the first six batsmen were sent back with only 67 runs on the board. Raza Ali Dar who took seven wickets in the previous game once again starred with the ball taking three wickets for 23 runs.
- IOK records another death due to Coronavirus12:02 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- N Korea test fires two short-range ballistic missiles11:38 AM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Coronavirus infection cases reach 1,495 in Pakistan11:16 AM | 29 Mar, 2020
- FM Qureshi says Global fight against Covid-19 requires multi-national ...10:52 AM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Punjab Govt decides to waive off taxes amounting to Rs 18 billion10:17 AM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Baby Doll singer Kanika Kapoor tested positive for coronavirus03:40 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Michael Jackson ‘predicted’ coronavirus-like pandemic: Ex ...03:28 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Maya Ali is distributing ration bags among needy over Coronavirus ...03:16 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019