President of University of Calgary congratulates Ahad Raza Mir for winning the 2019 Betty Mitchell Award
Ahad Raza Mir has received a letter from Edward McCauley, the President and Vice-Chancellor of the University of Calgary, congratulating him for winning the 2019 Betty Mitchell Award for Outstanding Performance by an Actor in Drama. McCauley also commended the actor for becoming a role model for many of the university's students and alumni.
Ahad's mother excitedly shared the news on social media last night. "Proud moment for us and for The University of Calgary," wrote Samra Raza Mir.
Mir delivered a powerhouse of a performance in play Hamlet: A Ghost Story and is still being praised for his phenomenal acting skills.
This rendition of Shakespeare’s Hamlet was performed at the Vertigo Theatre in Canada. Mir was reportedly the first brown actor to be cast as Hamlet in Canada. According to the theatre group, The Shakespeare Company, Ahad’s play was one of their highest attended shows in the history of the company.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- Chinese special flight carrying medical team, relief assistance lands ...05:49 PM | 28 Mar, 2020
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake reported in Islamabad03:26 PM | 28 Mar, 2020
- Coronavirus cases reaches to 1408 in Pakistan01:21 PM | 28 Mar, 2020
- US confirms more than 100,000 infections of coronavirus cases11:37 AM | 28 Mar, 2020
- Govt arranges special flight to airlift stranded Pakistanis from ...10:19 AM | 28 Mar, 2020
- Baby Doll singer Kanika Kapoor tested positive for coronavirus03:40 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Michael Jackson ‘predicted’ coronavirus-like pandemic: Ex ...03:28 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Maya Ali is distributing ration bags among needy over Coronavirus ...03:16 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019