President of University of Calgary congratulates Ahad Raza Mir for winning the 2019 Betty Mitchell Award
Ahad Raza Mir has received a letter from Edward McCauley, the President and Vice-Chancellor of the University of Calgary , congratulating him for winning the 2019 Betty Mitchell Award for Outstanding Performance by an Actor in Drama. McCauley also commended the actor for becoming a role model for many of the university's students and alumni.
Ahad's mother excitedly shared the news on social media last night. "Proud moment for us and for The University of Calgary ," wrote Samra Raza Mir.
Mir delivered a powerhouse of a performance in play Hamlet: A Ghost Story and is still being praised for his phenomenal acting skills.
This rendition of Shakespeare’s Hamlet was performed at the Vertigo Theatre in Canada. Mir was reportedly the first brown actor to be cast as Hamlet in Canada. According to the theatre group, The Shakespeare Company, Ahad’s play was one of their highest attended shows in the history of the company.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- Rangers troops deployed in Lahore after lawyers ransack hospital11:30 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran becomes world's fifth most influential leader on Twitter in ...10:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Dozens arrested in crackdown after lawyers storm PIC Lahore08:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Key officials from Russia, Britain meet Pakistan's army chief07:19 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Beyoncé & Kelly Rowland were sexually harassed as teens by Jagged ...06:57 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Ed Sheeran declared as the UK’s artist of the decade06:26 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Mere Paas Tum Ho scores more IMDB rating than Game of Thrones02:23 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019