Pakistan's comedy legend Umer Sharif granted US visa
KARACHI – Pakistan’s legendary comedian and actor Umer Sharif has been granted the US visa to travel for his treatment.
Sindh government’s spokesperson Murtaza Wahab shared the development in a recent tweet.
The PPP leader also extended gratitude to the US consulate for prompt action as Sharif is critically ill, and his family said seeking help from the Prime Minister’s Office to arrange a health visit to Washington.
Even happier to inform that visa has been issued just now. Thank u to the team at US Consulate for the support extended https://t.co/nC8RnCSSZa— Murtaza Wahab Siddiqui (@murtazawahab1) September 16, 2021
The 66-year-old will be treated at George Washington University Hospital by a team of eight specialists including the husband of actor Reema Khan who also helped the family in shifting the Zameen Aasmaan actor.
Dr. Tariq Shahab while speaking to local media said Sharif was admitted to the Aga Khan University Hospital with congestive heart failure and was diagnosed with mitral valve regurgitation –a condition in which blood leaks backward instead of flowing out to the rest of the body.
Sharif’s blood pressure is said to be normal and his kidneys have been stabilized by dialysis while medical experts expressed hope that the celebrated comedian will be able to travel to the US.
Earlier, the family of Sharif revealed that the comedy king would have to undergo open-heart surgery in Pakistan if he could not travel to the US while the open-heart procedure could prove threatening for his health as he is suffering from multiple ailments.
Sindh arranges airlift for legendary comedian ... 09:57 AM | 14 Sep, 2021
KARACHI – Pakistan’s legendary comedian Actor is all set to travel to the US as the Sindh government has ...
The recent development came after Sharif, in a video clip, requested Prime Minister Imran Khan to take notice of his deteriorating health and help him for traveling abroad.
Earlier, Fawad Chaudhry and Sindh Governor Imran Ismail have announced on behalf of the federal government that all the required treatment facilities will be provided to the legendary comedian who has renal and cardiovascular issues.
- ‘Security issue resolved’: Fans mock Kiwis after Pakistan ...11:24 AM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Shoaib Akhtar quits PTV Sports over Nauman Niaz's 'obnoxious' ...10:55 AM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Twin cities' areas sealed to intercept TLP long march10:28 AM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Covid-19: Pakistan reports 516 new infections, 13 deaths in a day09:58 AM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:23 AM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Shaista Lodhi all set to become the new face of PTV's morning show04:59 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Birthday wishes pour in as Faysal Quraishi turns 4804:29 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Minal Khan shares glimpses of her Nathia Gali trip with Ahsan Mohsin ...06:00 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021