Prime Minister accepts resignation of Mushahidullah Khan over interview controversy
Khan resigned from the post of Minister for Climate Change over his controversial interview with BBC Urdu service.
According to the BBC Urdu, Khan claimed there existed a tape about the alleged role of former Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) director general Lieutenant General (r) Zaheerul Islam in the last year’s sit-ins by Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf and Pakistan Awami Tehreek.
The PM had sought an explanation from the minister who tendered resignation a day after his statement regarding the tape.
- Ayaz Amir’s wife requests pre-arrest bail in daughter-in-law's ...01:49 PM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan’s ‘unstoppable' athletes clinch 13 medals at Mount ...01:24 PM | 26 Sep, 2022
- President, PM express grief over martyrdom of Army officers in ...12:18 PM | 26 Sep, 2022
- When is Eid Milad-un Nabi 2022? Here's everything you need to know ...11:52 AM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Sonya Hussyn seen at concert in Toronto after Hum Awards ceremony11:53 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Sehar Khan jokes about Faysal Quraishi's bright coloured shirt10:19 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- 'Are we sick?' asks Ali Zafar in note on moral standards of society09:16 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022