Men also have emotions, they need to be understood: Hira Mani
Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s suicide sparked conversation around mental health on social media with celebrities also joining in.
Hira Mani took to Instagram to talk about how men’s mental health is often overlooked.
She explained how boys are never encouraged to express themselves or to reveal their sensitive side because all of this would show that they are vulnerable and make them look ‘weak’.
” Mein Hamesh kehti hun emotions mardon mein bhi hotay hein dukh unko bhi hota hai. Kia hai kay woh rottey nahi.( I always say the men also have emotions. They also feel sad. The thing is that they don’t cry to express themselves) ” she said.
“Leken rona unko bhi aasakta hai. Sirf unko samajhna chaye. ( However, that doesn’t mean that they cant. They need to be understood).”
Many other celebs including Yasir Hussain, Mahira Khan, Amina Illyas and Osman Khalid Butt have openly addressed depression and the stigma attached to it.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- NGO donates Rs36m to Pakistan dam funds08:11 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan becomes permanent member of SCO Youth Council07:57 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 259,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,477 confirmed ...07:47 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan minister tells reason behind reduction in coronavirus cases07:19 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Gold prices hit new high of Rs109,35007:07 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Aagha Ali congratulates Sarah Khan on her engagement with Falaq Shabir06:07 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- YouTube takes down Hadiqa Kiani’s song about Kashmir02:43 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020