PM Ardern visits Wellington's Mosque to express solidarity with Muslims community in NZ
WELLINGTON - New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern visited Wellington's Kilbirnie Mosque to express solidarity with the Muslims who were killed in the terrorist attacks in Christchurch mosques.
The New Zealand premier met with the community and laid a wreath at the Mosque in memory of the victims of the Christchurch attack.
She was wearing a 'dupatta', Saturday visited families of Christchurch terror attack victims and her expression of solidarity with Muslims in this hour of grief.
Having tears in her eyes, Ardern said she brought messages of love, support and grief on behalf of all New Zealanders to the crowd gathered at Canterbury Refugee Resettlement and Resources Centre.
Jacinda Ardern also informed that only a small number of dead bodies of those killed in terrorist attacks at Christchurch will be handed over to their families today (Sunday).
Speaking at a media briefing in Wellington, she said all the dead bodies would be returned by Wednesday.
Jacinda said all mosques in New Zealand would be guarded by police.
At least 49 worshippers were killed in a terrorist attack at two mosques in a New Zealand city on Friday.
New Zealand Police Commissioner Mike Bush informed that nearly 50 others were injured in the mass shootings in Christchurch.
Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison described one alleged gunman, who had Australian citizenship, as an “extremist, right-wing” terrorist, who was arrested by the police and charged with murder by a local court.
- COVID-19: Hafeez urges int'l agencies for evaluating losses to ...11:11 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Protests against racism, police violence sparked in major Australian ...10:02 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Complete lockdown in Islamabad on Saturday and Sunday09:45 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan approaches 93,894 cases of coronavirus – 1,935 confirmed ...09:20 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Pak army shot down yet another Indian spying quadcopter in Khanjar ...08:26 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020