Goods transporters end strike after 10 days
Zubair admitted that some transporters still have concerns. He added that security will be provided cargo vehicles.
The containers standing full at Karachi International Container Terminal and Pakistan International Container Terminal and the goods transporters had refused to carry goods from the ports to the markets.
Transporters had entered into a strike to protest heavy vehicles being barred from moving inside the city, due to which goods worth millions of rupees sit immobile in warehouses.
Fears emerged that there will be shortage of imported goods in the domestic market. Transactions worth Rs214 billion could not occur due to transporters’ strike, according to Chairman Pakistan Apparel.
Filed review application on transporters’ strike: CM Sindh
Earlier today Chief Minister Sindh Murad Ali Shah said that a review application has been filed in the court pertaining to goods transporters’ strike in the city.
“We are sympathetic to the problems of goods transporters,” he remarked while speaking to the media during a trip to Sehwan.
- India’s first PM Jawaharlal Nehru’s statue vandalised by Hindutva ...11:02 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Leaked phone call allegedly between Malik Riaz and Asif Zardari goes ...10:47 PM | 28 May, 2022
- PropTech: the inevitable digitization of real estate in Pakistan10:28 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan gets clean chit in drugs case07:47 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Ghana Ali expresses her resentment towards Maryam Nawaz09:12 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Hareem Farooq celebrates birthday in style06:22 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022