Trump asked FBI chief to drop inquiry into ties between Michael Flynn and Russia
WASHINGTON - President Donald Trump asked then FBI head James Comey to halt an inquiry into contacts between his ex-national security adviser Michael Flynn and Russia, international media reported.
Comey had been probing into the Trump 2016 presidential campaign's possible hidden agreement with Russia to influence the election results. Trump had ousted him during last week that caused of shock waves across Washington.
On the other hand, Flynn resigned after coming into the spotlight over whether he discussed the possibility of lifting US sanctions on Russia before Trump took office.
Comey had reportedly wrote a memo after holding a meeting with the president on February 14 when Trump had asked him to end an investigation into Flynn case.
The memo states Trump's conversation as, "I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go. "He is a good guy."
Meanwhile, the White House has denied the allegation in a statement.
"The president has never asked Comey or anyone else to end any investigation, including any investigation involving General Flynn," it said.
- Pakistan in top 10 as ICC releases latest Women’s T20I rankings07:24 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Ex-PM Imran Khan faces arrest after warrants issued06:47 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- PAKvENG: Shaun Tait’s hilarious reaction after Pakistan defeat goes ...06:12 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Army joins hunt for kidnappers of Pakistani businessman in Uganda05:41 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Sabeeka Imam's new bold photos set internet on fire05:17 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- 'Javed Iqbal: The Untold Story Of A Serial Killer' selected for DC ...04:14 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022