Shahzain Bugti takes early lead in NA-259 re-polling, show initial results
QUETTA – Shahzain Bugti of the Jamhoori Watan Party has taken an early lead in the Dera Bugti, Kohlu, Sibbi and Barkhan districts of Balochistan as results for re-polling at 29 polling stations of the National Assembly seat NA-259 emerged Sunday evening. Vote count is underway.
Bugti got 7,952 while Mir Khan Bugti secured 632 votes so far, according to unofficial results from 12 polling stations.
The Supreme Court had ordered re-election after Mir Tariq Mehmood Khetran, who was declared runner-up in the 2018 general elections, had challenged the result.
Bugti of the Jamhoori Watan Party was the winner. The Election Commission of Pakistan has set up 115 booths at 29 polling stations. Of them, 18 polling stations were declared as very sensitive.
There are a total of 31 candidates in the run. The number of registered voters is 47,269 — 27,899 women and 19,370 men.
- At least 30 dead, dozens injured in Rohri train crash11:07 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- UN alarmed after ongoing anti-Muslim violence leaves 42 dead in India10:54 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Fracture rules Bismah Maroof out of ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 202010:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Mushtaq Mahar appointed new Sindh's Inspector General of Police10:35 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- PSL 2020 – Match 10: Multan Sultans thrash Karachi Kings by 52 runs08:29 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Canada will no longer pay for Harry and Meghan's security03:56 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Here's what Navin Waqar does to stay fit03:36 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Scientists think they know how stress causes grey hair03:04 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019