Amir Khan visits Thar, announces the construction of a hospital
The UK-based boxer turned to Twitter to post pictures of his recent visit, urging people to assist with the humanitarian effort of bringing clean water to the residents of the area.
The 29-year-old mixed with the locals during his tour and also thanked Pakistan Army officials for their constant support.
He added that due to the foundation’s work, nearly 800 people are able to obtain clean drinking water and he hopes to continue on this effort.
The tanks @AKFoundation built give atleast 800 people clean water. They so thankful because they normally would walk 3km.— Amir Khan (@amirkingkhan) August 18, 2016
Earlier this year, Khan held a charity event, under the aegis of the Amir Khan Trust to raise funds for drilling two wells in Thar.
The boxer’s tour went for three days with a meet-and-greet at a local mall taking place on May 31, followed by a public workout at the Frere Hall the next day.
- Chinese doctor shot dead in Karachi11:00 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani boxer Usman Wazeer makes history in Thailand10:35 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- NSC okays constitution of high-level committee to probe PM Office ...10:10 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Forced retirement of 85 Rescue employees challenged in LHC09:45 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- PAKvENG: Pakistan set 146 runs target for England in 5th T20I09:19 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Saim Sadiq's Joyland to hit cinemas on November 1807:58 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Malala Yousafzai becomes a TV producer07:19 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Ahmed Ali Butt and Ahmed Ali Akbar trolled for recreating Oscar slap06:12 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022