JK Rowling becomes the first billionaire to fall off Forbe's billionaire list for being too nice
According to the records, Rowling was the first billionaire to fall off the Forbes billionaire list because she gave away a huge chunk of her earnings as charities in 2012.
It is estimated that she had given away $160 million to different charities, which made about 16% of her net worth.
In an interview during the same year, the novelist said: "You have a moral responsibility when you've been given far more than you need, to do wise things with it and give intelligently," while explaining her charities.
It is also worth mentioning here that JK Rowling has not only been donating her money for noble causes, but she is also well known for giving away her time and even her books to those who deserve.
Reportedly, she supports causes such as Gingerbread (which provides childcare to the parents looking for jobs), Lumos (which helps institutionalised kids in Eastern Europe) and research work on sclerosis disease - which had killed her mother in 1990.
- Pakistani boxer Usman Wazeer makes history in Thailand10:35 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- NSC okays constitution of high-level committee to probe PM Office ...10:10 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Forced retirement of 85 Rescue employees challenged in LHC09:45 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- PAKvENG: Pakistan set 146 runs target for England in 5th T20I09:19 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- TikToker shot dead as Iran clamps down on anti-hijab protests08:54 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Saim Sadiq's Joyland to hit cinemas on November 1807:58 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Malala Yousafzai becomes a TV producer07:19 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Ahmed Ali Butt and Ahmed Ali Akbar trolled for recreating Oscar slap06:12 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022