PCB looking for new partners after Indian broadcaster pulls out as producers of PSL 2019
LAHORE – The country’s cricket board has regretted India's blocking of Pakistan Super League (PSL) 2019 coverage over Pulwama attack that left over 40 paramilitary soldiers dead and dozens other injured in occupied Kashmir.
“We have been informed by IMG Reliance that they will be unable to partner with us for the remaining HBL PSL 2019 and PCB has reserved all its rights. The PCB always had a contingency plan in place, and we are confident we will be in a position to announce the new partner on Monday after the completion of the formalities,” PCB’s Managing Director Wasim Khan said in a statement.
Wasim added: “The PCB has also noted the recent turn of events and expresses its extreme disappointment as we have always believed and emphasised that sports and politics should be kept separate. History tells us that sports, particularly cricket, have always played a key role in building bridges between people and countries.
“Unfortunately, denying India cricket fans the right to follow HBL PSL by blocking all digital coverage as well as covering or removing portrait of former Pakistan cricket captain and Prime Minister Imran Khan and other legendary cricketers from one of the most historic cricket clubs and venues are highly regrettable actions.
PCB has now approached a few companies who had earlier broadcast their events, and a new deal is going to be signed soon.
India removes Imran Khan’s portrait from ... 04:19 PM | 17 Feb, 2019
MUMBAI – India continues to show its hostility towards Pakistan as it covered a portrait of Prime Minister Imran Khan ...
The league, which commenced on February 14 at the Dubai International stadium, resumes from Wednesday at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium after a two-day break.
Earlier in 2018, PSL had recieved a 358% rise in their broadcast deal, which was to cover seasons from 2019-2022.
- Four young Kashmiris martyred in fresh act of Indian terrorism02:48 PM | 25 May, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 56,000 cases of coronavirus – 1,154 confirmed ...01:51 PM | 25 May, 2020
- Airbus team to arrive in Karachi today for investigation of PIA plane ...01:25 PM | 25 May, 2020
- Afghanistan to free up to 2,000 Taliban prisoners after ceasefire11:25 AM | 25 May, 2020
- How much does Ahmed Shah earn from Fahad Mustafa’s Jeeto Pakistan?08:41 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020