61st death anniversary of Urdu writer Saadat Hasan Manto
Some of his publications are, Atishpare, Manto Ke Afsane, Dhuan, Afsane Aur Drame , Laazat-e-Sang, Thanda Gosht, Baghair Ijazt, Burque, Ratti, Masha, Tolah.
Saadat Hasan Manto was born on May 11, 1912 in British Indian. He migrated to Pakistan after partition in 1947.
He was tried for writing obscenity six for times; thrice before 1947 in British India, and thrice after independence in 1947 in Pakistan. However he was never convicted for the crime.
Later his writings about taboos of Pakistan and Indian society became his identity in literary circles worldwide.
He also wrote famous letters to Uncle Saim, which were published in English language as well.
Most of his lifetime Manto resided in Lahore. He died on January 18, 1955.
On January 18, 2005,Government of Pakistan also issued a postage stamp to commemorate his services on 50th death anniversary.The postage stamp read "Saadat Hasan Manto(1912-1955) Men of Letters."
On August 14, 2012, Manto was honored with Nishan-e-Imtiaz award by Pakistani government.
- IHC larger bench discards contempt notice against Imran Khan02:15 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Shahnawaz Amir’s remand extended in Sarah Inam murder case01:34 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- CM Pervez Elahi inaugurates Punjab Ehsaas Rashan Riayat Programme12:47 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...11:53 AM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 03 October 202211:48 AM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Ali Sethi and Shae Gill take 'Pasoori' to live concert in London07:00 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Naimal Khawar's post workout glow leaves fans stunned09:02 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Hira Mani and Rahim Pardesi's new song 'Mera Naam' is out now08:35 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- US cipher is a reality, says PTI05:20 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022