EU to challenge China-US trade agreement at WTO
BEIJING - European Union has decided to challenge the China-US trade agreement at the World Trade Organization (WTO) if it creates distortions in the market that harm EU companies.
Talking to newsmen in Beijing, the EU Ambassador to China Nicolas Chapuis said the 28-nation bloc will monitor the implementation of "phase one" of the deal.
On Wednesday, the deal was signed by US President Donald Trump and Chinese Vice Premier Liu He.
The EU envoy said during a meeting at Chinese foreign ministry, he was formally assured that US-China deal would never affect the European businesses in any way.
- Number of coronavirus cases starts declining in Islamabad, says NCOC11:41 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa hails improved security situation in tribal districts10:04 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus — PIA announces to resume flights to UAE08:34 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- CJP Gulzdar orders formation of more accountability courts08:19 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- Federal govt takes decision about reopening schools across Pakistan07:49 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- Sajal Aly pens an emotional note to celebrate the third anniversary ...01:17 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- Johnny Depp takes legal action against British tabloid over 'wife ...12:51 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- Maya Ali pens a heartfelt birthday note for her mother11:36 AM | 8 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020