Kashmir issue is not an internal affair of India, says FM Qureshi
WASHINGTON - Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi has said that Kashmir issue is not an internal affair of India, adding that United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has negated Indian stance on the Kashmir conflict.
He has expressed these views during a press conference today in Washington
FM Qureshi said that he has informed to US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo that Pakistan will give a befitting response to India if it undertakes a "false-flag operation".
He has also said Pakistan fulfilled the US demand by bringing the Afghan Taliban on the negotiation table.
“The US has demanded to negotiate with high-level Taliban committee which has been fulfilled,” Qureshi says.
He has also stated that Pakistan played a vital role in the recovery of two abductees from the custody of the Afghan Taliban.
Commenting over recent middle East Crisis, the Foreign Minister has pointed out that Pakistan wants the region not to be engulfed in another war.
But this stance does not mean that Pakistan wants to act as a mediator in the Middle East crisis.
“Pakistan is playing a role for peace and warned that the global economy will suffer a lot if a new war starts in the Middle East,” he added.
The Foreign Minister who is visiting the US briefed earlier the United Nation Security Council in its closed-door meeting regarding the current situation in Occupied Kashmir. In his previous talk, he said that India was backtracking on Kashmir but Pakistan was committed.
India felt troubled when China took up the matter of Occupied Kashmir at the UN and asked China not to raise this issue as it was a bilateral issue between Pakistan and India but when Pakistan asked India to talk on Kashmir it termed it as “internal matter”.
- LHC summons DG Rescue-1122 over plea challenging his reappointment10:48 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- UN resolutions on Kashmir need implementation, UNSG Guterres tells ...09:39 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- realme Pakistan teases one of the much-awaited entry-level ...08:55 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Pakistan gets highest-ever $200m GCF grant to redress environment ...08:49 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Northern beat England’s MCC by 9 wickets08:41 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Riz Ahmed to debut play about his 'toxic breakup' with UK12:27 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Shaniera Akram shares her experience of working in debut film11:58 AM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Jaafar Jackson is amazed by Pakistani hospitality during visit11:55 AM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019