French mayor arrested for knocking down female ex-minister at campaign rally
Nathalie Kosciusko-Morizet, from the conservative Les Republicans party, was hospitalised following a brief faceoff with a man, identified by police as Vihospitalisedze, the mayor of Champignolles, a commune of several dozen residents in Eure department in northern France.
Debraize was detained Saturday morning in Paris on charges of committing “intentional violence against a person conducting public services,” according to Kosciusko-Morizet's lawyer Xavier Autain.
Autain said he expects “a fitting response from the judiciary” for “a serious attack on an elected member of the Republicans.”
Debraize, reportedly, did not intend to cover his tracks and told his staff in Champignolles the day preceding his arrest that he was travelling back to Paris on police summons.
Police said they managed to identify Debraize as the prime suspect “after witness testimony and thanks to video surveillance.”
- Pakistan’s Arshad Nadeem wins javelin gold with career best throw ...11:06 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- British investigators launch probe into 'misuse' of charity funds by ...10:24 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan slams Indian ludicrous comments against OIC’s remarks on ...09:28 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Interior Minister says ‘performers giving Islamic touch now in need ...08:51 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Sakina Samo's directorial debut to hit cinemas later this month03:51 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Natasha Ali Lakhani’s new bold photos break the internet03:28 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022