APS mastermind Umar Khorasani killed in Afghanistan drone attack: TTP
Umar Khalid Khorasani, who is said to Jamaat-ul-Ahrar chief, had been taken to an unknown location after he was injured in a US-led drone strike in Afghanistan's Paktia province on Tuesday where he died a day later, according to a TTP spokesperson.
Also known as 'Abdul Wali' and 'Umar Naray', Khorasani had claimed the Bacha Khan University attack in 2016, and was said to be the mastermind of the attack on Peshawar's Army Public School, one of the deadliest terrorist attacks in the country.
The 40-year-old terrorist will be replaced by Khalifa Usman Mansoor Hafizullah, TTP spokesperson Mohammad Khorasani said.
Earlier, Umar Mansoor Khrasani was reported to have been killed in July last year. However, his death was not confirmed by TTP's splinter group. This is the first time his death has been confirmed by the militant outfit.
- Paani Key Pankh – PM Imran launches documentary drama in Islamabad ...08:05 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Money laundering – UK court orders extradition of Abraaj founder ...07:49 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Reducing unfair means in recruitment: Case of Police in Pakistan07:20 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021