Estranged PML-N Senator Zulfiqar Khosa set to join PPP
The renowned politician announced it while talking to media at his residence following a meeting with Zardari. He also acknowledged the visit of PPP's co-chairman at his residence.
He thanked Zardari for showing confidence in him, adding that he has long standing relationship with PPP stalwart and will not disappoint him on the invitation.
"I would have announced that I am joining the PPP right now," The Express Tribune reported.
Khosa further said that he will formally announce the decision after having a consultative meeting with friends.
Slamming the PML-N, Khosa said that he had distanced himself from party matters after 2013 as it was not the same for which he had faced jails and made sacrifices.
Meanwhile, Zardari said that he extended offer to Khosa as he wanted to use his expertise for the betterment of the country. He added, "I am trying to bring all my good friends to a platform. Many other friends are ready to join the PPP".
He urged all political parties to team up to make the country prosperous, adding that incumbent government has damaged the economy.
Replying to a question, the former president said that he was not denting the PML-N as it is already facing divisions. He clarified that the PPP did not want early elections.
Zardari said he cooperated with the PML-N just to curb the ways of PTI chief Imran Khan, as he poses great threat to the democracy.
The PPP bigwig also supported Pakistan Army's statement on economy.
Earlier in 2012, PPP's stalwart Faryal Talpur approached the Khosa family asking them to join the the party following their difference with PML-N. On the invitation, the family had demanded major role in Southern Punjab.
It may be recalled that Dost Muhammad Khosa, who had been appointed the Punjab chief minister by PML-N in April 2008 before Shehbaz Sharif’s election as an MPA, had slammed the N government under Shehbaz Sharif while addressing a news conference in August 2012 and resigned as an MPA, The Nation reported.
This sowed the seed of differences between the two sides which reached its peak in 2014 when Sardar Zulfiqar, Ghaus Ali Shah, leaders of PML-F, APML of Pervez Musharraf, PML-J and other splinters of the Muslim League struggled to restore the basic ideology of the Muslim League.
However, the movement could not be materialised as consensus failed to reach on the leadership role of the alliance.
- Pakistan’s ‘best bank' denies trans rights activist an account ...11:52 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Pakistan Air Force chief meets Turkish defence industries head11:22 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Woman accusing Babar Azam of sexual abuse says video of her ...11:08 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Punjab CM Buzdar lays foundation stone of Sheikhupura-Gujranwala road10:45 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- US threatens India with sanctions over purchase of Russian S-400 air ...10:39 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Selena Gomez shares the reason behind calling out Mark Zuckerberg ...07:32 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Ayeza Khan celebrates 30th birthday04:22 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Details of Varun Dhawan-Natasha Dalal's wedding revealed03:58 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- #2020InReview – Pakistan's initiatives in the year 202010:55 PM | 4 Jan, 2021