Gujrat: Girl burnt to death over marriage refusal
According to police, Maria was a resident of Sok Kalan area, and had defied her family's wish to tie the knot with a boy of the same community.
At this, the girl's maternal grandfather, uncle, mother and brother allegedly doused her with petrol and set her on fire. She was shifted to a nearby hospital in a precarious condition, and doctors said 80 per cent of her body was burnt.
The girl, shortly before breathing her last, recorded her statement to police, accusing her grandfather and other members of the family of burning her alive.
Police have arrested the suspects and lodged a case against them under the Anti-Terrorism Act.
- World Contraception Day 2020 — Experts for managing population, ...12:18 AM | 27 Sep, 2020
- Pak Army solider martyred in Indian firing along LoC11:34 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- PIA indebted to Karachi plane crash survivor for trusting national ...10:30 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- 13 burnt alive after passenger vehicle catches fire in Sindh’s ...09:44 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- Sajal Aly and Janhvi Kapoor send each other love on Instagram03:11 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- Drug probe: Deepika Padukone, Shraddha Kapoor, Sara Ali Khan ...02:30 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- Lily Collins is engaged to Charlie McDowell02:03 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020