Gujrat: Girl burnt to death over marriage refusal
According to police, Maria was a resident of Sok Kalan area, and had defied her family's wish to tie the knot with a boy of the same community.
At this, the girl 's maternal grandfather, uncle, mother and brother allegedly doused her with petrol and set her on fire. She was shifted to a nearby hospital in a precarious condition, and doctors said 80 per cent of her body was burnt.
The girl , shortly before breathing her last, recorded her statement to police, accusing her grandfather and other members of the family of burning her alive.
Police have arrested the suspects and lodged a case against them under the Anti-Terrorism Act.
- PM Imran to inaugurate Gujranwala shuttle train on Feb 5th06:55 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- PM Imran hails Quetta hero who saved more than 100 lives06:43 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Syllabus of Class 1st-8th to be changed in Cantonment areas06:31 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Afghan Taliban agree to implement 10-day ceasefire with US troops06:23 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- SAPM hails Munno Bhai’s services to leukemia patients03:51 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019