Gujrat: Girl burnt to death over marriage refusal
According to police, Maria was a resident of Sok Kalan area, and had defied her family's wish to tie the knot with a boy of the same community.
At this, the girl's maternal grandfather, uncle, mother and brother allegedly doused her with petrol and set her on fire. She was shifted to a nearby hospital in a precarious condition, and doctors said 80 per cent of her body was burnt.
The girl, shortly before breathing her last, recorded her statement to police, accusing her grandfather and other members of the family of burning her alive.
Police have arrested the suspects and lodged a case against them under the Anti-Terrorism Act.
- Shaheen shines in Qalandars enthralling win against Kings11:55 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Indian man killed by own rooster during cockfight10:25 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- No Pakistani bowler, all-rounder among top players in latest ICC test ...09:34 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Petroleum prices will remain the same in March, confirms Finance ...08:08 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Myanmar military fires UN ambassador after anti-coup speech amid 7 ...07:21 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Osman Khalid Butt takes to social media after 'wedding' pics with ...05:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Lady Gaga's French dogs returned unharmed06:52 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021