Gujrat: Girl burnt to death over marriage refusal
According to police, Maria was a resident of Sok Kalan area, and had defied her family's wish to tie the knot with a boy of the same community.
At this, the girl's maternal grandfather, uncle, mother and brother allegedly doused her with petrol and set her on fire. She was shifted to a nearby hospital in a precarious condition, and doctors said 80 per cent of her body was burnt.
The girl, shortly before breathing her last, recorded her statement to police, accusing her grandfather and other members of the family of burning her alive.
Police have arrested the suspects and lodged a case against them under the Anti-Terrorism Act.
- Coronavirus: death toll reaches 2,000 in China11:22 AM | 19 Feb, 2020
- Punjab CM terms Orange Line Train a “total loss”09:51 AM | 19 Feb, 2020
- UN Secretary General leaves for home after concluding four-day ...09:28 AM | 19 Feb, 2020
- PM Imran takes notice of illegal concrete construction in green areas08:43 AM | 19 Feb, 2020
- Justin Bieber admits to being 'reckless' with Selena when they dated11:17 AM | 18 Feb, 2020
- Mahira Khan and Fahad Mustafa finish shooting for Quaid-e-Azam ...10:58 AM | 18 Feb, 2020
- FIR lodged against Solis Festival, company blacklisted: DC Islamabad10:56 AM | 18 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019