David Copperfield forced to real his biggest magic trick of vanishing inside US court
Gavin Cox from Kent claims he had suffered lasting brain damage and a shoulder injury after falling on debris in a construction site during the "Lucky #13" illusion in 2013.
The 57-year-old was selected to take part in an illusion that appears to make 13 audience members vanish.
David Copperfield is the first living illusionist to be honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Cox, who was diagnosed with a traumatic brain injury and needed two fusion surgeries on his neck and shoulder, claims he has paid out more than $400,000 (£282,000) in medical expenses.
Mr Copperfield told a Nevada jury it would be his fault if an audience participant got hurt because of something he did wrong during an illusion.
The 61-year-old celebrated magician didn't acknowledge responsibility for injuries Gavin Cox claims to have suffered when he fell.
The Brit is seeking unspecified damages in the lawsuit, which also names the MGM Grand, show producer Backstage Employment, and Referral, and building firm Construction Management.
However, Copperfield's lawyers lost pretrial bids to close proceedings to the public to avoid disclosing performance secrets, although Judge Mark Denton has said some portions of Copperfield's testimony might still be conducted behind closed doors.
The court heard how the Lucky #13 vanishing act starts with the audience members in a cage.
- Justice Qazi Faez Isa to hear contempt case against Fawad Chaudhry on ...10:36 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan cricket squad leaves for Zimbabwe after successful South ...10:05 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan, India foreign ministers may meet in UAE08:44 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Babar Azam’s ‘late glance’ shot is new sensation on social ...08:09 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas releases his rendition of Qaseedah Burdah Shareef05:59 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Mustafa Jaane Rehmat – Atif Aslam's naat crosses 1.6 million views ...05:48 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Hira and Mani celebrate 13th wedding anniversary05:41 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021