Priorities: Dengue hits KP, IK enjoys scenic beauty of northern areas
While the leader of the dengue-affected province Imran Khan is enjoying summers in the high mountains of Northern Areas, the chief minister of the neighbouring province, Shehbaz Sharif is seriously concerned about the alarming situation of dengue spread in KPK.
The CM of Punjab province has sent several doctors’ teams, health units and many political leaders to Khyber Pakhtunkhwa to help out the dengue-affected people of KPK.
Upon getting telephonic instruction from CM Shehbaz Sharif, the Punjab Health Minister Khawaja Imran Nazir sent the Director General Health Punjab along with four entomologists to KPK along with mobile health unit. Shehbaz Sharif himself called the CM KP Pervaiz Khattak and offered whatever required to fight dengue. Health Minister Punjab along with teams of doctors left for KPK at 11 am Saturday. Governor KPK Iqbal Zafar Jhagra and Chief Minister Parvez Khattak were also on board.
Punjab had controlled dengue years ago, according to a survey conducted in 2011 by Gallup. 86% of the people have called the performance of Punjab Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif in the fight against dengue as “good and satisfactory”.
On the other hand, a national daily reported a demonstration where residents of Tehkal area of Peshawar chanted slogans against the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government’s failure to control the dengue virus. The protesters also chanted slogans against District Nazim Arbab Asim and complained that the dengue virus has become an epidemic as it has caused several deaths, while hundreds of others have been hospitalised in the province.
They said that district and health administration officials visit the area for a photo session. “District Nazim Arbab Asim cancelled his visit to the area fearing he may contract dengue fever,” commented a local resident,’ a news published in a national daily today.
This says enough about the commitment of Shehbaz Sharif and also presents reasoning on why Shehbaz Sharif is visiting hospitals himself and personally reviewing the health and other major sectors. The way he raids the hospitals has actually paid off in improving the health sector in the province.
- Lt Gen Faiz Hameed appointed Corps Commander Bahawalpur in latest ...06:46 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- Imran shifts PTI’s August 13 rally from Islamabad to Lahore06:33 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- JIT including ISI, IB officers to probe social media campaign ...05:29 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- Hania Aamir is all smiles in latest viral pictures04:28 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Arshad Nadeem’s historic win at ...03:51 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022