BNP chief Akhtar Mengal tests positive for coronavirus
ISLAMABAD - Balochistan National Party (BNP) president Sardar Akhtar Mengal on Wednesday tested positive for coronavirus.
The Member of National Assembly confirmed the development on his Twitter handle.
He further wrote, “I request everyone who has interacted with me to get tested immediately”.
I have been tested positive for COVID-19. I request everyone who has interacted with me to get tested immediately.— Akhtar Mengal (@sakhtarmengal) August 19, 2020
Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) President Shehbaz Sharif and other political leaders have extended wishes for his speedy recovery.
A total of 272,278 patients have recovered from coronavirus in Pakistan.
According to the latest statistics, the total active Covid-19 cases in the country are now 12,116.
Another 613 cases surfaced during the last twenty-four hours with at least 11 deaths reported. Some 22,859 tests were carried out during this period.
So far, the South Asian country has reported a total of 290,445 infections while more than 6,200 people have died from the illness developed from COVID-19.
- #CSS2020: Shazia Ishaq becomes first PSP officer from Chitral09:38 PM | 6 May, 2021
- PM Imran announces funeral grant for overseas Pakistanis08:46 PM | 6 May, 2021
- First pictures of prime suspect in British woman's murder in Pakistan ...07:54 PM | 6 May, 2021
- Father declares Haniya Khan ‘mentally unstable’ after she creates ...07:12 PM | 6 May, 2021
- New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern plans summer wedding03:45 PM | 6 May, 2021
- Bushra Ansari's sister Sumbul Shahid loses battle to COVID-1903:35 PM | 6 May, 2021
- Javeria Abbasi reveals ex-husband Shamoon Abbasi is also her ...04:32 PM | 6 May, 2021