PM Imran directs to devise plan for speedy development of tourist destinations
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan directed to devise a strategy and plan for the promotion and development of tourist destinations to launch them immediately.
Speaking at a high-level meeting on promotion of tourism in the country in Islamabad, the premier said that Pakistan has immense tourism potential and our aim is to develop tourist spots, reflective of our culture and social values.
He said promotion of tourism will accelerate the economic process and create employment opportunities for the people.
He also stressed the need to take effective measures for positive utilization of state owned properties, including historical buildings, guest houses, and governor houses.
On the directions of the Prime Minister, it was decided to set up a National Coordination Committee for promotion of Tourism and to improve inter-provincial interaction and coordination and to establish tourism authority in the Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) on urgent basis.
- Suzuki likely to unveil 9th Generation Alto this year11:48 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan to create tech-based farms to promote exports11:04 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan’s UN envoy Munir intensified efforts to accomplish ...09:57 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- PAMI elects Prof Dr. Chaudhry Abdul Rehman as new president08:50 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Queen Elizabeth strips disgraced Harvey Weinstein of top royal honour02:43 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Asim Abbasi apologises for copying French artist Malika Favre's work ...02:30 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy roped in to co-direct a Marvel film01:48 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020