France declares economic emergency
He called ‘a state of economic emergency’ and says its time to redefine France’s economic and social model.
Hollande laid out a series of planned economic measures on Monday in an annual speech to business leaders to increase long-stagnant French growth and reduce constant unemployment.
The first measures he proposed are relatively modest, and he said they would not "put into question" the 35-hour workweek. He did not seek to assume any new emergency powers.
French President stressed the urgency of updating France's labor-friendly business model in a fast-moving, increasingly globalized and online economy.
The measures incorporated a loosening of some worker friendly measures to encourage companies to hire, and new training workers.
- Pakistan Navy thwarts Indian submarine’s intrusion bid: ISPR (VIDEO)02:25 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Bill Gates was warned against sending ‘flirty’ emails to a female ...01:34 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup: Bangladesh and Oman lock horns in must-win game today12:32 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Bakhtawar Bhutto reveals her son's name09:41 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam pays tribute to late Farhad Humayun with iconic song06:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021