Legendary columnist Munnu Bhai remembered on 1st death anniversary
According to a Radio Pakistan report, he started his career as a journalist at an Urdu newspaper but soon turned to write dramas. He penned down some of the immortal drama serials for Pakistan Television including Sona Chandi, Dasht, Tammanna, Gumshuda, Aashiyana, and Khoobsurat.
Munnu Bhai finished his schooling from Government College, Attock. He turned 80 in February 2013 per his own speech made at a public event in his honor in Lahore, Pakistan and reported by Dawn newspaper, Karachi.
He also revealed another fact about his life in this speech, "I have been a foster brother of a Sikh boy, Gurdutt Singh.
Pakistan's Information Minister, Pervez Rashid, in a speech at a public event in 2014, to pay tribute to Munnu Bhai, said that Habib Jalib was the only other poet whose poetry reflected the era he lived in.
The renowned writer at the same event said that he learned everything he knows from the common people. Writers should understand that glamour is in realism and they should increase interaction with the common people to write articles close to the hearts of the people.
In 2014, he donated his personal library to Government College University, Lahore for their contribution to the promotion of drama and literature.
Munnu Bhai was also awarded Pride of Performance by the government of Pakistan. He died on January 19, 2018, in Lahore.
- Enjoy the best PSL deals with OPPO Pakistan02:18 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- WATCH - US diver survives being swallowed alive by a humpback whale02:14 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- CJCSC calls on top Jordanian military brass, expresses desire to ...01:22 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Aamir Khan tops in PGF Qualification School Golf Event12:45 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Sajal Aly to feature in Atif Aslam's new music video02:50 AM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Minal Khan, Ahsan Mohsin look fabulous at ‘official’ engagement ...12:46 AM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi and Aagha Ali concerned for uniformed personnel, ...06:28 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021