Farhat Hashmi is slammed for justifying marital rape
“This woman was doing M.Phil from Cambridge University,” she said. “When she told me that her husband used to rape her, my head spun. Husband and rape?” she added.
#Salafi televangelist Farhat Hashmi: There's no such thing as marital rape. A wife must always submit to husband's sexual desires. Since women have joined workforce, it has become difficult for them to follow this divine commandment. https://t.co/6MOK0KOKQj pic.twitter.com/0Gf0ExUKXs— SAMRI (@SAMRIReports) June 16, 2019
During times like these when marital rape is a huge issue in the Islamic world, these comments by her have come off as being careless and offensive.
Farhat Hashmi MBCHB is an Islamic scholar, Muslim televangelist from Pakistan. and founder of Al-Huda Institute.
Well now she is being slammed. Her views seem to be irking people big time!
Farhat Hashmi is garbage— Khurram Qureshi (@qureshik74) June 17, 2019
And all the people who listen to her and agree with her are bigger garbage
One of the many problems here is that it makes it seem like women work outside of the home out of choice. While many women do & there is nothing wrong with that, the vast majority are in paid employment out of necessity. They are expected to do a double shift with a smile.— Nida Kirmani (@NidaKirmani) June 17, 2019
I'd rather choose hell, like she said, shohar be damned.— мехвиш 💫🇵🇸 (@missbadbitch_1) June 18, 2019
- Taliban vow stern action against fighters who removed Pakistan flag ...10:35 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- ‘Disappointed yet again,’ says Babar Azam after ECB calls of ...10:17 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- FBISE announces intermediate results 2021 tomorrow09:52 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Avenfield case – NAB to auction Nawaz Sharif’s properties in ...09:25 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Babar Masih wins Pakistan silver medal at IBSF 6-Red Snooker World Cup08:42 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Neha Rajpoot and Shahbaz Taseer spark marriage rumours05:00 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Juhi Chawla shares a throwback clip from her first TV show03:47 PM | 21 Sep, 2021