Place names of PSL spot-fixers on ECL, FIA writes to Interior ministry
"The agency has written a letter to Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar in which it has requested that the names of Sharjeel Khan, Khalid Latif, Mohammad Irfan, Shahzaib Hasan and Nasir Jamshed be included on the ECL", Geo News reported while quoting sources.
The Interior Ministry has received the aforementioned letter, the sources said.
Cricketers Sharjeel Khan, Khalid Latif, Mohammad Irfan and Shahzaib Hasan have been provisionally suspended from all forms of cricket for violating the Pakistan Cricket Board's anti-corruption code.
Sharjeel and Latif, who were suspended during the opening week of the PSL for suspected links with an international fixing syndicate, face a minimum five years’ ban.
Batsman Shahzaib, who was charged and suspended on Friday, also faces a minimum five years' ban. Fast bowler Mohammad Irfan faces a minimum six months' ban.
Nasir Jamshed, who resides in the UK, was suspended during PSL after the PCB said it had 'concrete evidence' against the former opener.
He was also arrested along with another suspect by Britain's National Crime Agency last month as part of investigations but later released on bail, according to reports.
- China terms Australia-UK-US alliance ‘extremely irresponsible’, ...11:25 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- ‘Inspiration 4’ – First all-civilian spaceflight launches into ...10:50 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- UN high commissioner for refugees calls on Pakistan Army chief09:45 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran, Iranian President Raisi hold first meeting in Dushanbe09:11 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- FO reacts to US State Secretary Blinken’s remarks about ...08:50 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Faryal Mehmood’s new bold dance video goes viral05:54 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Nadia Hussain in hot water over controversial statement05:27 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Asim Azhar and Bilal Maqsood jam together on iconic songs05:00 PM | 16 Sep, 2021