Pakistan ranks 105th on world's happiest nations list
The United Nations (UN) on Friday released its World Happiness Report 2021, ranking Pakistan at 105th place out of a total 149 nations.
Pakistan has moved down 38 spots in the ranking as compared to the previous year when it stood at 66th position. It all happened due to the COVID-19 which has claimed more than two millions lives across the country.
India was at a dismal 139 rank, shows the report released by the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network after slight changes in the survey amid COVID-19 that has claimed more than two millions lives in the world in little more than one year.
On top of the charts is Finland for the fourth consecutive year with Denmark, Switzerland, Iceland and Netherlands at second, third, fourth and fifth respectively.
An interesting fact in the report is that the top five happiest countries in the world are mostly European nations.
Of the 149 countries featured on the report, Afghanistan was ranked the most unhappy once again, followed by Zimbabwe, Rwanda and Botswana.
World’s top 5 happiest countries of 2021 09:06 PM | 19 Mar, 2021
Finland, a Northern European nation, has maintained its top position for the fourth consecutive time in the World ...
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 14 April 202108:48 AM | 14 Apr, 2021
- PAKvSA – Pakistan take on South Africa in 3rd T20I today08:00 AM | 14 Apr, 2021
- TLP-police clashes leave another cop dead, nearly 100 others injured ...11:22 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan launches first space observatory in Islamabad10:54 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Alisha Gory explains how tattoos are a form of expressing your ...08:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Mohammad Amir celebrates 29th birthday04:50 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Zainab Abbas becomes first Pakistani female presenter to join Sky ...04:02 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021
- Ten New IPO Billionaires in 202107:59 PM | 8 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021 – Tips for busy professionals01:52 PM | 7 Apr, 2021