Eight dead, 45 injured in multiple blasts at Afghan cricket stadium
The back to back blasts occurred as a number of spectators were busy in watching a cricket match at a local stadium in the city, reported Tolo News. It is the first attack since the holy month of Ramazan began.
The match was part of a cricket tournament, Ramadan Cup, held between local team, an official said, adding that Hedayatullah Zahir, an organizer of the cricket tournament, and Dr Nikmal, deputy mayor of Mehtarlam City of Laghman province, are among the deceased.
Around 45 people were wounded in the attack, and have been shifted to a hospital for medical treatment.
It is suspected that the deadly attack was carried out by IS as Taliban has denied any involvement in the Jalalabad blasts.
In September 2017, Daesh attacked a cricket match in Kabul killing three people and injuring three.
Afghan President Ashraf Ghani on Saturday condemned the attack in Jalalabad.
"The terrorists did not stop killing our people even during the holy month of Ramadan ... by carrying out a terrorist attack in a populated sport stadium, once again they have proved that they are not bound to any creed or religion, and they are the enemy of humanity," a statement from his office said.
- Pakistan decides to ban Tehreek-e-Labbaik under anti-terrorism laws03:23 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan Army Chief, Japanese envoy discuss bilateral relations, ...02:49 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- PM Imran launches low-cost housing scheme in Sargodha (VIDEO)02:42 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Saba Qamar spends quality time with family post her breakup02:01 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ertuğrul actress Burcu Kiratli stuns fans in latest photos11:50 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021
- Ten New IPO Billionaires in 202107:59 PM | 8 Apr, 2021