CJP questions facilities at isolation centers, COVID-19 testing efficiency
ISLAMABAD – The Supreme Court of Pakistan on Tuesday raised questions over providing poor facilities to patients at quarantine centres across the country and efficiency of coronavirus testing.
A five-member bench headed by Chief Justice of Pakistan Gulzar Ahmad resumed hearing of a suo motu cases regarding steps taken by the government against the coronavirus pandemic.
National Disaster Management Authority Chairman LT Gen Mohammad Afzal was also present during the hearing.
The chief justice remarked that videos circulating on social media show the dire condition of the isolations centers. He added that patients at Lahore Expo quarantine center don’t have clean washrooms and drinking water.
“Everything is not about money, do not base this on money… Money is not important, humans are,” he remarked.
Talking about uncertainty among people over testing efficiency he said that some people tested positive at a government facility but they tested negative at a private lab.
“What to do in such situation?” he said, adding that people are complaining that their relatives are not infected with the virus.
The apex court remarked that the NDMA is giving priority to cities but no focus is being given to far-flung areas.
- Two students test positive for coronavirus in Punjab11:47 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- ‘You are our heroes’: CJCSC Gen Nadeem confers civil awards on ...09:54 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Saudi Arabia announces to restore Umrah pilgrimage in phases09:32 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Brand Spectrum wins Best Social Media Campaign recognition at ...09:12 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan Army inducts powerful VT-4 tanks with ultra-modern technology08:01 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Alizeh Shah looks unrecognisable in her new purple hair05:25 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Armeena Khan praises spot person's amazing vocals03:30 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Madam Noor Jehan's house should be turned into a museum: Shaan Shahid02:07 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020