CJP questions facilities at isolation centers, COVID-19 testing efficiency
ISLAMABAD – The Supreme Court of Pakistan on Tuesday raised questions over providing poor facilities to patients at quarantine centres across the country and efficiency of coronavirus testing.
A five-member bench headed by Chief Justice of Pakistan Gulzar Ahmad resumed hearing of a suo motu cases regarding steps taken by the government against the coronavirus pandemic.
National Disaster Management Authority Chairman LT Gen Mohammad Afzal was also present during the hearing.
The chief justice remarked that videos circulating on social media show the dire condition of the isolations centers. He added that patients at Lahore Expo quarantine center don’t have clean washrooms and drinking water.
“Everything is not about money, do not base this on money… Money is not important, humans are,” he remarked.
Talking about uncertainty among people over testing efficiency he said that some people tested positive at a government facility but they tested negative at a private lab.
“What to do in such situation?” he said, adding that people are complaining that their relatives are not infected with the virus.
The apex court remarked that the NDMA is giving priority to cities but no focus is being given to far-flung areas.
- Governor House doctor arrested on charges of raping woman11:57 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Jahangir Tareen responds to speculations about London visit11:28 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Sindh Governor Ismail donates plasma for COVID-19 patients10:14 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- PCB central contract — Bisma retains Pakistan captaincy, head coach ...09:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- PM stresses anti-coronavirus SOPs to avert tough times08:48 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020