At least 40 troops killed in twin suicide blasts at Afghan military base
The militants carried out two suicide attacks using two Humvees, armored vehicles, stolen from security forces, over an army base in Cheshma area of Maiwand district.
According to the initial reports, a gunbattle occurred between militants and Afghan security forces following two car bombing.
Media reports say Kandahar police chief, Gen. Abdul Razeq has confirmed the incident but he has not confirmed the number of causalities.
The terrorist attack at the military base follows a news regarding killing of Umar Khalid Khorasani, who is said to Jamaat-ul-Ahrar chief and the mastermind of Army Public School massacre, in the US drone strikes in Afghanistan, Afghanistan’s Paktia province on Tuesday.
On October 17, at least 20 people were killed and several injured after suicide attackers and gunmen stormed a police training centre in southeastern Afghanistan.
Toryalai Abdyani, the police chief for Paktia province, was also killed in the attack in Gardiz, capital of Paktia province, some kilometers away Kharlachi area of Pakistan. The site is located near the Paktia police headquarters.
- Pakistan jump to fourth place in ICC World Test Championship points ...04:46 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Former first lady leading 'malicious campaign' against state ...03:40 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Model Sophia Mirza told daughters to steal passports and blackmail ...03:19 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022