PIA air hostess who mysteriously disappeared seeks asylum in Canada
According to a PIA spokesperson, national flag carrier’s air hostess Fareeha Mukhtar boarded the PIA flight PK-789 from Lahore but as soon as it landed in Toronto’s Pearson International Airport, the crew member disappeared mysteriously and never boarded the return flight.
Mukhtar was supposed to return to Lahore on PIA’s PK-782 flight on the very day but never boarded the plane despite leaving for the same with her colleagues.
“A missing report has been lodged with the Canadian police and an investigation is underway regarding the air hostess’ disappearance,” the spokesperson added.
The airline has issued a show-cause notice in her name and is planning to initiate a disciplinary action against Fareeha Mukhtar, added the spokesperson.
PIA employee held at Heathrow Airport for ... 05:48 PM | 19 Aug, 2018
LONDON – A Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) flight steward has been arrested at London’s Heathrow Airport ...
However, it emerged on Tuesday, according to an English daily, that the slipped away crew member has sought asylum in Canada.
It is pertinent here to mention that Fareeha Mukhtar was suspended in 2015 over her involvement in phone smuggling.
The officials had also barred her from international flights.
- Fans to nominate 'Hamaray Heroes' for PSL 202205:53 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Three including Pakistani national killed in UAE suspected drone ...05:17 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Kiara Advani has the perfect birthday wish for rumoured beau Sidharth ...03:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021