PM Imran appeals public to adopt precautionary measures against coronavirus
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan on Monday urged people to stay maximum at home leading the government lead to ease the gradual lockdown.
"The more people show self-discipline, the easier it will be for us to manage the COVID-19 plus ease the lockdown gradually," the prime minister wrote in a tweet.
Imran Khan said, "My message for people is to stay home as much as possible during this pandemic."He also shared a video clip where doctors and consultants of Shaukat Khanum Memorial Hospital advised the public to stay home to contain the spread of COVID-19.
The number of coronavirus cases in Pakistan rose to a total of 8,418, according to government data, after recording more than 425 new cases in past 24 hours.
The death toll related to COVID-19 has reached 176, according to the National Command and Control Centre, while at least 1,920 patients have fully recovered.
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has reported highest number of deaths, a total of 67, while Sindh follows with 56 fatalities. Punjab has so far reported 42 deaths; Balochistan, 5; Gilgit Baltistan, 3; and Islamabad, 3.
The first two fatalities from COVID-19, as the illness is officially known, were reported in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on March 18 (Wednesday).
- Pakistan Army spox warns India of befitting response to any military ...09:46 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- PM Imran hails top spy agency’s sacrifices for Pakistan09:00 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- COVID19 – Here’s how PIA will bring back Pakistanis stranded in ...07:47 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- Lea Michele apologises after ‘Glee’ co-star Samantha Ware accused ...07:21 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- Mahira Khan, Armeena Rana and others demand justice for Zohra Shah05:10 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- I can’t return to Pakistan because people continue to ignore ...12:22 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020