Telenor gives Rs50m cheque to PM for Corona Relief Fund
Vows Rs 1.6 billion for relief work
ISLAMABAD – Telenor-Pakistan Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Irfan Wahab presented a cheque of Rs50 million to Prime Minister Imran Khan as a donation to PM’s Corona Relief Fund, on Monday.
The CEO Telenor committed Rs1.6 billion towards relief activities including provision of testing kits and Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) to medical staff, e-learning, digital skills and food ration.
Wahab informed the Prime Minister that Telenor Pakistan, similar to other telecommunication companies in the country, was facilitating consumers to contribute toward PM’s Corona Relief Fund by sending SMS at 6677.
The amount contributed by Telenor users will directly go to the Relief Fund
The PM appreciated the contribution of Telenor Pakistan towards provision of relief to corona-affected population.
Special Assistant to PM for Overseas Pakistanis Syed Zulfiqar Abbas Bokhari and Senator Faisal Javed were also present during the meeting.
- Pakistan surpasses 280,000 cases of coronavirus – 6,010 confirmed ...11:48 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Gold prices reach shocking $2,000 per ounce for first time ever11:37 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Pakistani boy becomes internet sensation with videos of long jump ...10:39 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- At least 10 killed after massive explosions shake Lebanon’s Beirut ...09:14 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Insurance amount for Karachi plane crash victims increased to Rs10 ...08:14 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- I have received many marriage proposals from Pakistan: Cengiz Coskun04:30 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- 21 years of working would not have happened with just nepotism: ...03:14 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Netflix confirms season 5 of Money Heist02:21 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020