Umar Akmal hearing set for April 27
LAHORE – Chairman of Pakistan Cricket Boards Disciplinary Panel Justice (r) Fazal-e-Miran Chauhan has issued notices to Umar Akmal and PCB requiring their attendance for a hearing here on April 27.
The hearing is presently scheduled at the National Cricket Academy and safety precautions and social distancing measures will be strictly enforced in order to safeguard all those involved, said a spokesman of the PCB here on Monday.
Umar Akmal had not requested for a hearing before the Anti-Corruption Tribunal after he was charged for two breaches of Article 2.4.4 of the PCB Anti-Corruption Code in two unrelated incidents.
“Until the Chairman of the Disciplinary Panel has announced his public decision, the PCB will not comment on the matter”, he said.
Umar Akmal was issued a Notice of Charge by PCB under the PCB Anti-Corruption Code (the “Code”) on Tuesday, 17 March, and he had responded within the stipulated deadline. He was provisionally suspended on 20 February 2020.
- Japan extends grant assistance worth 318m JPY to Pakistan09:15 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran welcomes UNSC members for again taking up IIOJ&K dispute08:35 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Shan Masood, Muhammad Abbas uplift Pakistan in first England Test12:59 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Coronavirus — Public sector schools opened in KP11:45 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Independence Day — PIA announces major cut in fares09:38 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Indian TV actor Sameer Sharma dies by suicide03:26 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Angelina Jolie wants reconciliation between Brad Pitt and kids02:57 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- I had an inferiority complex and grew up applying fairness creams: ...01:31 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020