FM Shah Mehmood advises India to avoid adventurism, stresses resumption of dialogue
In his first media interaction after taking the oath of the office, Qureshi expressed that the Indian premier Narendra Modi had written a letter to his Pakistani counterpart, in which hen has hinted at the resumption of talks.
We want peace and stability in the region, said Qureshi and added that the direction of foreign policy will be reviewed afresh.
Qureshi highlighted that talking peace was our only option, admitting that the issues were tough and will not be solved overnight, but the engagement was necessary.
He also mentioned the Kashmir issue in his presser and said it was a reality, citing the Islamabad declaration as well.
Shah Mehmood also expressed his wishes to cement the ties with Afghanistan, saying he had cordial relations with a few people in Kabul.
'I will call the Afghan foreign minister and plan to visit them at a mutually convenient time. I want to take an important message for the people of Pakistan. Our future and geography are joined together,' said the foreign minister.
Addressing Kabul, Qureshi said that we need to become each other’s support base.
'We have a bilateral agreement in place which has 5 tracks and we want to move forward with those,' vowed the legislator.
Qureshi also expressed his views on the deteriorating ties between Islamabad and Washington, saying Pakistan will also convey its reservations to the Trump administration and there will be no compromise on the national security.
'We have to bridge the trust deficit and put forward Pakistan’s trust deficit. We will do all of this with full consultation with Prime Minister Imran Khan,' said the minister.
The Foreign Minister said that efforts were being made to isolate Pakistan but the government wishes to maintain peace and stability in the region.
- LIVE: PTI supporters in Imran Khan's long march set police van on ...11:03 PM | 25 May, 2022
- All educational institutions to remain closed in Rawalpindi tomorrow09:28 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Another child paralyzed as Pakistan reports fourth polio case of 202208:44 PM | 25 May, 2022
- HSA, UNFPA mark Int'l day of Midwife 2022 and day to end Obstetric ...08:14 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Pakistan Army strongly condemns sentencing of Kashmiri leader Yasin ...08:01 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Amar Khan and Momal Sheikh's hilarious BTS video goes viral06:45 PM | 25 May, 2022
- ‘Pawri girl’ Dananeer Mobeen's new video goes viral02:07 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Coke Studio 14 sets new popularity records in India04:44 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022